Thursday, August 04, 2011

The Doctor is in!

Illustrators Wales published an interview with me waxing lyrical on the subject of drawing here.

I've been leading a second Gesture Drawing Class supplementary to Alex's. I'm not as experienced as Alex or Louis or Tom Gately but it's a beginners class and allows me to draw with folk from other departments and learn with them.


There's nothing like teaching to force one to distill and condense drawing principals & technique.
These are some of the notes I made in class-basic tips and tricks to strengthen drawings.


And some fun stuff from the sessions . . .








14 comments:

froggie is... said...

i seeeeriously doubt that that many BLAHS come out of your mouth when you teach. rhubarb??? bwahahah "-))

you're prolly a GREAT teacher, mj - gesture drawing appears to come so naturally to you and what better person to help the rest of us students decode it all, in a really smart and fun way?

love "the nose indicates direction!"

ty for sharing the notes! "-)

Dougmian said...

Great gesture drawings!!

Unknown said...

I like your notes. How many people are in your class?
Bises

Toni Reyna said...

Lovely drawings.

Kendra Melton said...

Fantastic as always, and thanks much for the notes :]

James Baker said...

killing me softly with your song

Rosie said...

Flexipeople! I really like the dancer from Hawai.Are these drawings real people to you or more like shortcuts?

Matt Jones said...

Thanks folks.

Stef- the class is small and as usual with these things numbers drop off a few weeks into it.

Rosie-Good question! I guess they're short cuts but real in my imagination!

Sean Hayden said...

very nice matt :)

Anonymous said...

Good work. I think Blah Blah Waffle Blab sounds like a cool character name :D

JP said...

Great notes and sketches! when's your book coming out, prof?

Mark said...

It's always very inspiring when you post new drawings. That's awesome that you are teaching a class now. Congrats!

Ems said...

Great! these are very inspiring thx for posting ^^

Matt Jones said...

You're welcome, thanks everyone :)